AJ Ericksen's Blog World

Thursday, January 3

Peru

Nobody likely reads this blog anymore, but for grins I am throwing up a new post.

In the week between Christmas and New Year, I went with a group of friends to hike in the Andes in Peru and visit Machu Picchu. We hiked for three days, reaching an altitude of 14,560 feet, and then went up to the ruins on the fourth morning. I'm not in good shape, so the hiking was good for me -- lost eight pounds.

Here are a couple of photos:


Our group at the ruins


Me and some locals


Staring down a llama

On a totally unrelated note, I'm listening to John Edwards deride corporate America for making money. What a douche bag!

5 Comments:

  • The good thing about rss feeds is that it makes it easy to keep up with blogs that haven't been updated in (almost) a year.

    Looks like a great trip. I went to Midland and Lubbock, which aren't quite as ruin-filled. Some, just not as many.

    By Anonymous Micah.P, at 1/04/2008 9:35 AM  

  • Yeah, Edwards is unbelievable. I hate that guy. That top pic is awesome! And is that Aimee I see there? By the way, some people actually do like your blog. In fact, we've been linking to it on our blog for a year hoping you'd come out of retirement. Welcome back.

    By Blogger marcus, at 1/06/2008 7:24 PM  

  • I read your blog occasionally

    By Blogger Jim, at 1/12/2008 7:59 AM  

  • I hope that I can see something as beautiful as this someday. And yes, John Edwards is a female personal hygiene product extraordinaire!

    By Blogger R Ericksen, at 1/21/2008 12:15 AM  

  • WOW! You wrote something! I check your blog occasionally and almost had a heart attack when I saw you wrote. Ha. Looks like a cool trip!

    By Blogger Annie, at 2/07/2008 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home