AJ Ericksen's Blog World

Wednesday, August 3

The Prancing Ponies

Today a classmate of mine and I got taken by our former boss to look at his cars. The man owns eleven Ferraris and is currently shopping for a 360 and a 328, but he hasn't even driven several of the ones he already owns. Unfortunately, he didn't feel like taking them for a drive today either.

So the best I could do was sit in them and dream. I was a little surprised how close the accelerator and brake pedal are, how small the driver's footwell is generally, how stiff the clutch is, and how much strength it takes to move the shifter through the beautiful metal gates.

Below are a few pictures with some of the cars.


-Me with a 456GT-


-Testarossa, 308, 456GT-


-355 Spyder-

Not pictured are his 348tb (white), 348 Spyder (yellow), two more 308's (both red), two Mondials (red spyder, white coupe), and a 400i (blue). In all, a pretty nice little stable of cars.

If I hadn't mentioned it before, let me state that I would like to be rich when I grow up.

3 Comments:

  • I'm jealous. But why have any 308s at all, and why look for a 328? To teach his kids how to drive? Also, his quantity of cars doesn't make up for his lack of a 550. I think the accelerator-brake distance is optimized for 'toe-and-heel'ing.

    By Blogger Eric, at 8/03/2005 10:59 PM  

  • I figured heel-toe as well, but they were so close that it would be easy to hit the brake unintentionally.

    I know one 308 was just to own a carbureted model and another was just because they didn't make a four-valved model very long. I don't know why the other one or why a 328.

    Certainly it would be better to drop some of the lower end machines for a 550, 575, or even a 612.

    By Blogger AJE, at 8/03/2005 11:34 PM  

  • Another possible explanation for the 308's ... maybe a huge Magnum P.I. fan?

    By Blogger AJE, at 8/03/2005 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home