AJ Ericksen's Blog World

Friday, March 4

Hello Goodbye

Today I parted company with my first car Hilda, the first car I ever owned. She was old and tired like her namesake, my great grandmother. But similarly she survived (and continues to live, I guess) for over 159,000 miles.


Hilda in her splendor


Like grandma, who wore a wig in her later years, Hilda was losing it up top


And some of her internals weren't great either


159,753.3 miles of good times

But with the goodbye came a hello--to Hilda II, a beautiful '03 Accord EX V-6.


Welcoming Hilda II


Something a little younger and sexier


With inner beauty, too

The two of us are looking forward to many happy miles together.

4 Comments:

  • NICE car! I like it.

    By Blogger Annie, at 3/04/2005 7:54 PM  

  • I'm an Accord driver myself, since 1996. So welcome to the club, I know you'll be very happy with your new ride. The ladies will dig it too, if you are willing to consider some new rims.

    By Blogger Kristen Glenn, at 3/06/2005 10:18 AM  

  • Wow, what a jump up. Do you think that the mileage will be affected adversely by having paint and top coat on all of the outsides? I think that is a stunning accessory for a corporate lawyer. Congrats, son.

    By Blogger mother hawk, at 3/07/2005 4:59 PM  

  • Good looking car. Both of them, I mean.

    By Blogger Eric, at 3/11/2005 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home