AJ Ericksen's Blog World

Wednesday, February 9

Smoke Detectors

Having lived in my apartment for 7 months, I finally used the oven this afternoon. Because I'm on kind of a health kick these days and I had the whole day off, I figured it would be nice to bake some salmon, which was on sale at the store.

The trouble is that (1) some residue of oven cleaner remained and (2) the smoke detector is perched on the 12 foot ceiling. I also have no broom or long stick, so when the alarm pealed out I could only try to swat it with a jacket until it shut off. I don't belong in the kitchen.

It is also nice to watch MSNBC's Natalie Morales.

6 Comments:

  • Oh, I think that you can belong in the kitchen, but you just have to have a big stick. As a consolation, at least you know that the batteries in the dang smoke detector were working, at least until you swatted it to death.

    By Blogger mother hawk, at 2/09/2005 7:21 PM  

  • Yep. Wok safely and carry a big stick.

    I know, that was bad. It's late; I should go to bed.

    By Blogger Eric, at 2/09/2005 10:38 PM  

  • I am beginning to see the merits of your anchorwoman penchant.

    Oh well, when in Rome . . .

    By Anonymous Mark, at 2/11/2005 9:57 AM  

  • Eric - that wok pun wasn't great, but I'll never forget a great wok pun that had me, AJ and Jake in tears - "How to wok your dog." A book as a wedding gift to Dave Nuttal. Classic.

    By Blogger Torry, at 2/11/2005 10:12 AM  

  • Yes, that was a great pun.

    What else is great? Having so many comments on a post. Hot damn, I love it when this happens!

    By Blogger AJE, at 2/11/2005 2:23 PM  

  • I set off my smoke detector all of the time. In fact, the smoke detector in the hallway of my apartment is almost always dangling from the ceiling from some oven or vacuuming incident. So go ahead and wok. Also, if I leave my sliding glass door open and my neighbors are smoking (what I have been informed is not cigars), they can also set off my smoke detector.

    By Anonymous Hol, at 2/12/2005 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home