AJ Ericksen's Blog World

Monday, November 22

Monsoons & MacGyver

For almost two straight weeks, the rain's been coming down on Austin, Texas. Everything is a big, wet mess. And when I say everything, I mean Hilda -- my '92 Integra.

Hilda is old and has been in accidents before so, when it really pours, some of that water breaches the hull, so to speak. The result is a puddle of water on floor on the driver's side -- which is both embarrassing and humidifying.

Sure, I could attack this problem with a wet/dry vac or some towels. But I want a more permanent solution. I thought to myself, What would MacGyver do?

What would MacGyver do?

Two things came to mind: a Swiss army knife and a roll of duct tape. I haven't thought of knife-based solution, and taping the door and window shut presents certain obvious problems vis-a-vis in- and egress.

My solution (to be done on Wednesday when I have access to my dad's tools): Drill a small hole through the floorboard for drainage. Is this ghetto or Phoenix Foundation? Moreover, does anybody have a better solution?

3 Comments:

  • Uh, maybe it might be time for a new car??

    By Blogger Annie, at 11/23/2004 12:35 AM  

  • Too late, I drilled the holes today. I'll do a proper post with photos after the Thanksgiving holiday when I'm no longer in a dial-up hell.

    Besides, new cars are for suckas.

    By Blogger AJE, at 11/24/2004 8:56 PM  

  • I think that MacGyver would have been able to drill suitable sized holes with the swiss army knife by using the cork screw. Why do the swiss have to have a cork screw anyway? I have never been on any camping trips that I needed to open a fine bottle of grape juice anyway.

    By Blogger mother hawk, at 11/26/2004 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home