AJ Ericksen's Blog World

Wednesday, November 3

Finally, It's Over

Reaching these goals will require the broad support of Americans. So today I want to speak to every person who voted for my opponent. To make this nation stronger and better, I will need your support and I will work to earn it. I will do all I can do to deserve your trust. A new term is a new opportunity to reach out to the whole nation. We have one country, one Constitution, and one future that binds us.
[Source: www.nytimes.com. Doesn't Barbara look stunning?]

Click on the image for transcripts of Kerry's concession (one of his best speeches) and Bush's gracious victory speech (with a special shout out to Texas).

P.S.This Blog joins ESPN Page 3 in a bipartisan sigh of relief that now celebrity endorsers can shut up. Stick to your day job or, in the case of fading stars and B-list celebs, get a day job. An sample from this fine article:
Puff Daddy -- er, P. Diddy, Puffy Combs, whatever -- implores us to "vote or die." He wants us to take back our country. Agreed. Why don't we start by taking back every classic song you've sampled and ruined over the last decade?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home