AJ Ericksen's Blog World

Sunday, October 3

Baseball Betting

Torry said that Braves fans* everywhere would rejoice at the Astros winning the NL Wild Card. Well, I think the Braves really have to take the 'Stros seriously this year.

Why? The Astros are the hottest team in baseball heading into October. Since August 14th, Houston is 36-10 and has won its last 7 in a row and 18 straight at home. Just look at the Record.

Anyway, the question is whether T is ready for mouth and money to meet. I think something around $20 for the series would be appropriate. Game?

*Note: Being a Braves fan is second only to being a Yankees fan in its lack of imagination.

4 Comments:

  • YOU'RE ON!! I'm for the Braves.

    By Blogger Annie, at 10/03/2004 8:13 PM  

  • Being a braves fan while residing outside of Atlanta is like wearing a Harvard T-Shirt while attending a local state school (BYU included).

    By Blogger mark, at 10/04/2004 12:54 PM  

  • Yeah, it makes me really cool. so there.

    By Blogger Annie, at 10/04/2004 5:03 PM  

  • Hold on, there aren't even many Braves fans IN Atlanta. Have you seen their home attendance? How does that make it a bandwagon thing? I know only 2 other Braves fans, but about 45,000 Yankees fans. Besides, which team is a Utah native going to root for, the Rockies? Please. I hate all things related to Denver sports, especially the Broncos. Back when they sucked, they were on TV every Sunday because they were 'local,' pre-empting any GOOD games that might have been broadcast. I HATE the !@%$@#$ Broncos.

    Actually, I watched the Braves with my dad when they sucked and only had one good player, Dale Murphy. My dad's a Yankees fan, but the only baseball on TV in those days was on TBS. That was in the early- to mid-eighties. I'm claiming pre-incredible-streak-of-division-titles bandwagon rights.

    By Blogger Torry, at 10/04/2004 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home