AJ Ericksen's Blog World

Monday, June 28

Rushmore

So, I saw Napoleon Dynamite the other night. Although good, all I could think is, "This in no Rushmore." When I got home from dinner tonight, my roommate was watching the Wes Anderson classic. Anyway, let me reproduct this Gem:
dear max,
I am sorry to say that I have secretly found out... That mr. Blume is having an affair with miss cross.

My first suspicions came when I saw them frenching in front of her house, And then I knew for sure when they went skinny-dipping in mr. Blume's swimming pool, Giving each other hand jobs while you were taking a nap on the front porch.

Why am I telling you this now? Because you're such a good friend. Take care, pal.

Fondly,
dirk calloway.

1 Comments:

  • Well, of course this is no Rushmore - I worry about all the comparisons I've seen, likening ND to Wes Anderson's work. Inflated expecations could kill this movie, which I think will develop a cult following but does not aspire to greatness a la Anderson's films. I think it shares a few elements, such as anonymous, nostalgic envrions and quirky characters, but I have serious doubts that anyone can match Anderson in creating good drama and tension between characters. ND is (I don't know for sure; I'm going tonight) probably more episodic and less concerned with characters than with putting them in awkward/funny situations. I'll post again after seeing the flick tonight.

    By Blogger Torry, at 6/30/2004 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home