AJ Ericksen's Blog World

Monday, June 14

Real Estate in Office Space

As I mentioned in a previous Post, I have an office right by the break room at work--which means I drink a lot of free Dr Pepper during the day. Naturally, this leads to frequent Pitstops. I was lamenting this fact when a colleague explained to me what the true crappy location is: next to the women's restroom.

You see, nobody likes to be seen leaving the restroom. And the discomfort is on both ends. The woman doesn't want you to know that she was just doing something unpleasant. And the man has the impossible task of donning an expression that says, "No, I didn't notice that you went to the bathroom for the fifth time today."

2 Comments:

  • I didn't really mind so much when people noticed me leaving the bathroom at work. What bugged me is when a group of people would hold a hallway conference right outside the bathroom, so they know just how long you were in there. I mean, anything longer than two minutes and it's pretty clear just what kind of business you were taking care of.

    By Blogger Eric, at 6/15/2004 11:39 PM  

  • The bathroom at my office is down a hallway that leads only to the bathrooms and an emergency exit. The only time anyone is there is to use the restroom. The absolute worst is passing a woman who is coming or going carrying her purse. I'm usually too flummoxed to think of a greeting.

    By Blogger Torry, at 6/17/2004 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home